Upstate New York finds

Sinister Lord

Jedi Initiate
Aug 17, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Visit site
Hi... I live in Buffalo, NY and I didn't see a thread for upstate New York, so I thought I would start one.

I've recently seen the new wave of "unleashed" figures showing up at KB Toyworks here in Buffalo. Padme, Anakin, and Vader. I didn't buy them, because they are too pricey and they kind of look more like "statues" than action figures. But I have seen them and they look kind of cool.

Sinister Lord welcome to the forum!

I've too seen the new unleashed figures minus the Vader. This was as of Friday at the Walden Galleria.

Snagged a Deluxe Yoda at Target but didn't find Ki-Adi and the rest of the bunch.

Any sight of the Landspeeder or Wal-Mart Cantina packs?

Went to the TRU on Niagara Falls Boulevard today.

They had tons and tons of Saga Figures. Too bad they were all C-3POs, Padmes, and Kit Fistos (do I smell a clearance)

Also, had a lot of X-wings, I think 10 of them.

The only other thing of note was they had the Bo Shek wave too.

The only other store I could get to was the Wal-Mart on Niagara Falls Blvd, and they had jack as well. They way overordered the Luke Bespin wave.

Sinister Lord

Jedi Initiate
Aug 17, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Visit site
Did my normal rounds today in Buffalo, on Delaware Ave and NF Blvd stores. Saw one deluxe Yoda on the pegs at Target on NF Blvd, and they had 3 or 4 deluxe 3PO's. Other than that not much else to report... Walmart, K-mart, KB, and TRU had nothing new.

Sinister Lord

Jedi Initiate
Aug 17, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Visit site
Found today at K-Mart... Double packs! I picked up the one with Jango and Yoda packed together ($9.99). They had at least two other ones with Yoda, I think they were both Yoda and Clonetrooper. They must have just put them out, it looked like a full display box. This was at the K-Mart on Hertel Ave and they were on the top shelf above the other figures. I would've almost missed them had I not looked up there.

The interesting thing about this pack is that the special barcode is placed INSIDE the blister of one of the carded figures and the other one has a blank sticker covering the other barcode... so these are unique in that way, which distinguishes them from the single carded figures. So even if these figures were split up, there would be no mistaking a single carded Yoda from one that had come in a two pack because the barcode inside the blister would give it away.

drsidious

Jedi Initiate
found an acklay ana deluxe yoda this week at target on walden
an i finally got all my stuff i bought in disney
3 star tours figs (now i see theres 3 more, but ill have to git um sent to me)
12" ki-adi mundi
12" luke on taun taun
all 3 cantina sets (which fit together quite nicley)
luke with speeder
i saw these lukes at tru transit when i got back last weekend
but they got snagged up
on a compleatly seperate note
i do have crap to trade
especcallyyyyy if any one finds that new simpsons
treehouse of horror 3 playset
just hadda put dat in dere
dr.sidious

Originally posted by drsidious
found an acklay ana deluxe yoda this week at target on walden
an i finally got all my stuff i bought in disney
3 star tours figs (now i see theres 3 more, but ill have to git um sent to me)
12" ki-adi mundi
12" luke on taun taun
all 3 cantina sets (which fit together quite nicley)
luke with speeder
i saw these lukes at tru transit when i got back last weekend
but they got snagged up
on a compleatly seperate note
i do have crap to trade
especcallyyyyy if any one finds that new simpsons
treehouse of horror 3 playset
just hadda put dat in dere
dr.sidious
Good to see you back drsidious.

I picked up the last Acklay the Wal-Mart in Lockport had last Wednesday. I then used it in a trade with Sinister Lord.

Other than that I haven't seen much of anything new lately. I am not even considering picking up the unleashed unless they go on clearance.

Sinister Lord

Jedi Initiate
Aug 17, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Visit site
LOL...:D

Oh... I haven't found anything new lately. Still watching for the 12" Dooku and the Republic Gunship. This weekend I was staring at the Gunship shelf tag marking an empty shelf at K-Mart... there is the shelf tag, but no gunships. Oh well. But I did have some luck with my GI Joe collection, so that's always good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wal-Mart Cantina packs have been sighted at the Wal-Mart in Lockport.

They had a bunch of them, Ponda Baba, Hammerhead, and Greedo. Basically a rehashed figure with a stupid accessory like a bar table. Retails for $9.96. My guess is that they will be pegwarmers even though they are exclusives.

Other than that, not much of anything else. As I was there, the girls were moving the figures and throwing them into their carts. Didn't see where they were going to move them, or perhaps put them in the back room. Maybe they will come back with clearance stickers?

On a totally unrelated Star Wars note, Wal-Mart just put a Christmas aisle up.

Over three and a half months before the holiday.

It could be worse. In Frankenmuth, Michigan it's Christmas 365 days a year. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Presents every day of the year!

Sinister Lord

Jedi Initiate
Aug 17, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Visit site
The K-Mart on Hertel Ave had tons of new 12" figures today. Electronic Jango and Obi-Wan, Dooku, Zam, and Super Battle Droid. I picked up Dooku... the likeness on this figure looks just like Chris Lee and it has awesome articulation! A perfect counterpart to my 12" "ultimate" Jango. I passed on the rest of these figures. The Zam Wesell figure is a tragedy... what happened there? Hasbro messed up big time!

Ditto for the Wal-Mart on Transit in Lockport. I don't think they've sold one Cantina bar set since I last visited over a week ago.

Plus the Saga figures are clogging the shelves so bad, that they just ripped open half the boxes/cases the figures come in and stuffed as many figures they can fit into them. They have them sitting on the top shelf. Sad spectacle really. It'll be years before I see the next wave.