Weird Al

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
People hate that show. I don't get it. Personally, I think it's one of the funniest things on TV. I guess a lot of geeks don't like clever satire of comics and pop culture disguised as a brainless cartoon using established comic characters as essentially clowns.

Weird Al voicing Darkseid and riffing on how evil Weird Al is is absolutely brilliant.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
Website
www.madslantedpowers.com
I would consider it since I don't have any of his albums.

There was a Weird Al reference on The Flash last week. Apparently Al is not weird on the Earth H.R. is from. He was reminded of a quote from the poet Alfred Yankovic. When Iris asks if he is talking about Weird Al, he responds, "Why? Cause of the Hair?"

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I was out of town for New Year's for the first time in a long time. I've gotten used to KTLA's local coverage of the Rose Parade and had to settle for ABC or NBC and their coverage; poor and incomplete for both. But... for one float, they were playing WAY's "Sports Song," which if you listen to the whole thing (they played most of it, as it's only about 2.5 minutes), it isn't the most "rosy" way to show athletic spirit.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Saw what was definitely the best WAY concert I've ever been to (and probably my favorite of any concert) this week, with El Chuxter and guests. Al's Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour is mostly his lesser-known songs, but not ONLY his non-parodies, as I'd heard (I want recorded versions of those different versions of his hits! ). Awesome.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I read another biography, Weird Al: Seriously, by Lily Hirsch. It's okay (editor in me: a few errors and misspellings, a couple formatting goofs, "quoting" user-named sources from websites is tenuous... as typed now by Bel-Cam Jos :p ). She inserts herself into it too much; no offense, but I think most readers want to know about the subject more than the writer (and some of her views don't seem correct). I learned that some parody songs Al wrote exist (in song form, in lyrics only) from the '70s on, "Weird Al" is trademarked, and he has met many of the musicians he's parodied as well as others in the business.

Top Bottom