What are you listening to? (merged)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Today's lesson, related to the play The Crucible, involved the following three songs: "It's a Sin" (Pet Shop Boys), "Sea of Sorrow" (Alice in Chains), and "Suffer Well" (Depeche Mode).
This week, I'll repeat two of those (but I plan to replace DM with Men at Work's "It's a Mistake" this year), and I had never made the connection before, but the opening spoken intro to Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" is a perfect self-serving contrast to Jonathan Edwards' fire-and-brimstone sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
More classroom work means more classroom tunes:
- No Doubt: Icon
- I.J. & the Temple of Doom soundtrack
- Pet Shop Boys: Discography
- Running with Scissors
- Prince 4Ever
- Absolutely ABC
- Rogue One soundtrack
- Cracked Rear View
One year later, same classroom preparation, more music. Only one duplicated (Rogue 1)...
Soundtracks:
- Incredibles 2, Rogue One, Superman: The Movie, Solo, IJ & K ot CS
Greatest Hits/Best of:
- Living Colour, Duran Duran, Motels, 10,000 Maniacs, Garbage, The Cars, Smashing Pumpkins
Others:
- Kendrick Lamar ([email protected]), Weird Al (Alpocalypse)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Just finished a "halftime show" that looked quite pre-recorded, during the Green Bay Packers/SF 49ers game, of one shortened song, "Push It" by Garbage. The shots of the "fans" with signs (mostly children) were very weird and uncomfortable to me.

In class today, as a lead-in to Transcendentalism, I played "What's Going On?" by Marvin Gaye and "Invincible" by Pat Benatar. There was some optimism in there, but mainly it was the "don't stand by when you can do something to improve what needs work" aspect.