What are you listening to? (merged)

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I saw Sir Paul last night in Milwaukee so why not listen to some more Sir Paul this morning?

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End ~ Paul McCartney (live)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Nope, "Smack My ***** Up." :p

Today, as a lead-in to a lesson for the Shakespeare play The Tempest, I played "Small World" by Huey Lewis & the News and "Blue Monday" by New Order. I might've actually made some new under-age-18 fans of The Band Formerly Known as Joy Division.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Star Trek: Outpost, episode 25 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

ST:O is a Star Trek fan audio drama that's unfortunately hit my radar due to their announcement of pausing future episodes after TPTB at Star Trek put out their wide-sweeping, over-the-top fan film guidelines. Still, it's a nice enough way to pass the time while working.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I learned two things from songs I heard yesterday, one of which I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't realize: I guess I never heard the opening sigh in Poison's "Every Rose has its Thorn" (must've been the DJs on the radio talking over the first seconds), and the line "to Tennessee" in Prince's "Alphabet Street" was the sample for the lyric in Arrested Development's big hit song of a similar title.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I learned two things from songs I heard yesterday, one of which I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't realize: I guess I never heard the opening sigh in Poison's "Every Rose has its Thorn" (must've been the DJs on the radio talking over the first seconds), and the line "to Tennessee" in Prince's "Alphabet Street" was the sample for the lyric in Arrested Development's big hit song of a similar title.
Speaking of sighs in songs, "10:15 Saturday Night" by The Cure has one near the beginning and one near the end.