What have you watched recently?

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
This is basically a thread where you can post and discuss what movies you have watched recently and what you thought of them. These movies can be old, new, in the theater, on dvd, tv, etc, it doesn't matter. It’s just a general thread. This would also be a good place to discuss films that don't need a thread dedicated to them, like Lollilove ;), j/k Caesar. I do ask one thing which applies mainly to the newer films; please try to avoid from posting any spoilers unless you give warning. Thank you. :D

Well I guess I'll start. I watched Running Scared last Friday, on dvd, and it was surprisingly good. Sure, some of the parts of the movie and dialogue were kinda cheesy, (what move starring Paul Walker isn’t?) but overall it was a good film. I found one of the sub-plots in the movie to be pretty disturbing (if anyone has seen this film you probably know what I'm talking about) but it was well done and played out perfectly. It definitely added to the movie and made it even better. Running Scared definitely has its twists and turns although most of these occur towards the end of the film. I don’t want to give anything away but like I said, I was really surprised at what a good movie this turned out to be and I can highly recommend it, at least as a rental.

I have also recently watched Date Movie, well about the first 20 minutes of it, and had to stop watching. It was horrible. Stay far very far away from this one.

Sooo.... what have you all watched lately?

basschick

Force Sensitive
May 23, 2004
we're doing the entire star trek tng but we took time out to watch dark star. how is it possible that the sound is even WORSE on dvd than on video?

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
The Big Lebowski
Revenge of the Sith
Deadwood Seasons 2/3
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
--those 4 have been playing on HBO lately
--but not Batman Forever :confused:
LolliLove
The Office (U.S.) Season 1
Wedding Crashers

tagmac

Jedi Apprentice
May 12, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Star Wars
American Wedding
Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)
Random Simpsons episodes
Revenge of the Sith
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first movie)

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
tagmac said:
Beavis & Butt-Head, collection 2 (much better than the first set)
Good to hear. :thumbsup:

I also recently watched "Grandma's Boy" which turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. One character, JP I think his name was, killed the movie everytime he was on the screen, but other than that it was pretty funny and surprisingly decent.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
trandoshan666 said:
I saw Nacho Libre on Friday, and watched Domino yesterday. I enjoyed both, but for very different reasons.
I enjoyed Domino as well. Kiera Knightley. :love: And Mickey Rourke is a bada**.

I've heard mixed things about Nacho Libre so I'll wait for that one on dvd.

Ji'dai

Jedi Apprentice
Oct 31, 2002
Indiana
jpanix.tripod.com
I watched the The Great Raid last week, about the rescue of hundreds of American & Fillipino soldiers from a Japanese POW camp as US forces were retaking the Philipines. It was okay, not really that spectacular.

Picked up The Devil's Rejects at the library today and muddled through it tonight. I wasn't too impressed with this one, even with writer/director Rob Zombie turning the tables on his homicidal family in the last reel.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
JimJamBonds said:
I enjoyed the 'negotiation scene.' ;)
Me too.... man was that a fantastic scene!!! :love:

Have you seen "The Hole" or "The Jacket" JJB? :lipsrsealed:

I didn't care much for The Hole, it had it's moment. I really enjoyed The Jacket however, not only for it's moments, but I thought it was a great film and it was really well done. Both Knightley and Brody did fantastic jobs, as well as Kristofferson and Jennifer Jason Leigh. If you haven't seen this one yet, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
No I haven't scene either of those movies UKW I'll have to put it on my to do list. If I remember correctly she had a few good 'moments' in Love Actually as well... but not as good of scenes as in Domino. :D

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
I haven't seen Love Actually. Is that a good flick?

I wouldn't really bother with "The Hole". The Hole actually wasn't available in the US at first because when Knightley had her moment in that movie she was underage at the time; I think she was like 17 or something. When I saw "The Hole" it was a while ago and a different region dvd I believe. But anyways, you basically see the same moments and better ones ;) in "The Jacket" and watch a really good film in the process. :thumbsup:

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....and Rocky too, I'm going to do a Rocky marathon because it's been far too long. WELL over a year, probably almost 2. :)

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
Caesar said:
I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....and Rocky too, I'm going to do a Rocky marathon because it's been far too long. WELL over a year, probably almost 2. :)
Nice. I'd love to watch Firefly over again but I just have too much carp I need to get to first. That was an outstanding show and Serenity was a great movie. :thumbsup:

I actually have the Rocky Box Set but I've only watched the first one. I know... surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

I have come to the conclusion that they're just aren't enough hours in my day. :tired: