What have you watched recently?

Apr 28, 2013
I'm watching Deadwood for my first time. It's good so far.

Timothy Oliphant from Justified stars, with Kim Dickens from Fear the Walking Dead. OC###, did you see this series?

JT, did you know that Elmore Leonard, (Justified) wrote Joe Kidd (Clint Eatwood)?
I haven't, Tycho, but it's no my list.

I knew about Joe Kidd, too. Underrated Eastwood movie.

Watched TLJ for the first time at home. I enjoyed it. Still think some of the deleted scenes should've been added in.

Watching Rogue One now.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
The Fred Rogers Won't You Be My Neighbor? documentary was indeed a multiple-tissue film. I learned quite a bit about him (he was a minister, his shows were more "adult" than I realized [Vietnam War, racial issues, etc.], his show was on for 32 years). This film used clips from Transformers, GI Joe, Ren & Stimpy, You Can't Do That On Television to show some of the concerns he had with changes in children's programming. I also was unaware that the school where Christa McAuliffe taught had a live-feed during the space shuttle launch. :( PBS asked him to do some shows after national tragedies, such as 9/11. And Batman is there! (his superhero name is used, and Michael Keaton used to work behind scenes on the show)

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Ant-Man and The Wasp, it was broader in scope than the original film without sacrificing the delightfulness. That said, it did spread itself just a tiny bit thinner by having more going on, but still enjoyable and a fun time, plenty more to digest while still keeping it a local story. I'll probably go back and see it in 3D on discount day.

Ant-Man was 2015, the 12th MCU film. This is the 20th.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Ant-Man and The Wasp, it was broader in scope than the original film without sacrificing the delightfulness. That said, it did spread itself just a tiny bit thinner by having more going on, but still enjoyable and a fun time, plenty more to digest while still keeping it a local story. I'll probably go back and see it in 3D on discount day.

Ant-Man was 2015, the 12th MCU film. This is the 20th.
In theaters, I think this is only the 7th MCU I've seen (plus Hulk, Iron Men 1 & 2, Avengers 1 & 3, Panther). I usually can hold in my laughter in the public arena, but I LOL'd several times (the maze, the engine sound effects, and the serum were the LOL-iest). I like MacGuffin films, and this had a couple, in fact. The wait-after-credits extras: :eek: WOW-worthy, even if I should've known about 'em. There are quite a few actors/actresses who've been 2+ different comic movie characters now.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The 5th Sharknado, "Global Swarming," was on tonight. I recorded it, and watched it about an hour after it started. Even for this franchise, it was SO confusing. The ending is both inane and actually pretty decent, considering how they went with this one. Tara Reid used to be a fairly-decent actress in the past, but she was awful, and not campy, tongue-in-cheek awful.
Apparently, the 6th and final movie in the series will air on Sunday Aug. 19th. Title? The Last Sharknado: It's About Time. I will probably still check it out.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I can see why some reviews of Christopher Robin weren't great (it's predictable and a tad sappy), but I still liked it. Obi-Wan grows up, marries Agent Carter, and works for Sio Bibble's luggage company. Being overworked, he rediscovers his childhood toys (some voiced by Ed the Hyena, Raymond's brother and the 12th Doctor). It's funny, tear-jerking at times, and the CGI animals are great visually and as characters in the film itself.