What have you watched recently?

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
So I watched Coyote Ugly and I really liked it. We have one in San Diego where the real Lily lives. It's just a money maker for the owner like a strip club would be. But you pay more for Less. I have never been in there but looks Through the Windows. However if everyone lost their inhibitions and morals insanity at the same time this would be a fun place I suppose. The movie is fun and reminded me that I don't want to have any inhibitions morals or sanity either.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - kind of a mess, I didn't like any of the characters, but it had some interesting moments, some great driving, and the ending somehow ties it together the way I would have hoped. The creepiest part? Vic Morrow and the helicopter.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
It's certainly not the same as the Mr. Rogers documentary that came out last year, but A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood was still a good story. Think Big Fish, as in a story about someone but it's really about another character (and the family relationship motif, too). Tom Hanks does a pretty good job as Fred Rogers.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Started a new Christmas Eve tradition: watch Die Hard. Got half-way through it before I started to nod off. Finished it Christmas Day. Thank you, John McClane.

Wrapped presents while watching Gremlins and the cartoon Grinch.

Watched Mile 22 and Hurricane Heist. Need to watch Mile 22 again to catch some of the little things I read about. HH was good escapism.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Finally saw Midway (2019). Enjoyed it. I'm a big WWII buff and there were some aspects to the battle portrayed in the movie that I wasn't aware of, and they weren't in the 1970s Heston version, either. I was going to watch the Heston version last night in comparison, but couldn't find it. Do I not own a copy? Hmm.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I tried to see Little Women earlier in the week, but the lack of a discount day made almost-twice-the-cost not a good idea then. It was good, even though I haven't read the whole book yet; but I can see why people (and not just females who've read it) like the story in book form. I heard there were some fairly significant changes from the novel, which I hope to determine before this weekend ends and I return to... work. Weird to say, but I really liked how they did the credits. [edit] I also liked how they "aged" the characters in the various flashbacks; as I have read more of the novel, I realize the "now" of the film allows for the memories to be shown easier.

Last edited:

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I'm a season and a half into Cobra Kai after beginning last weekend. It's such a fun show. Also watched the third season of Young Justice. It was not up to the standard set by the first two seasons. The tease for season four implies potential, though.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Finally saw Midway (2019). Enjoyed it. I'm a big WWII buff and there were some aspects to the battle portrayed in the movie that I wasn't aware of, and they weren't in the 1970s Heston version, either. I was going to watch the Heston version last night in comparison, but couldn't find it. Do I not own a copy? Hmm.
I do own a copy of the original Midway! It was tucked back in the corner.