What have you watched recently?

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
Young Adam starring Ewan MacGregor and his uncircumcised penis. Also stars Tilda Swinton. It's a pretty cool story, a slow moving little movie but worth the time invested as I found it to be very interesting.

trandoshan666

Jedi Initiate
Jan 22, 2005
Deep in the heart …
Caesar said:
Young Adam starring Ewan MacGregor and his uncircumcised penis. Also stars Tilda Swinton. It's a pretty cool story, a slow moving little movie but worth the time invested as I found it to be very interesting.
I remember there being quite a bit of graphic stuff in the movie, but somehow I don't recall Ewan's :shocked: ever making an appearance. That is a pretty good movie, though. It reinforced my never wanting to work aboard a riverboat.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
I have seriously never heard about this movie until now. It doesn't really sound like my cup of tea.

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
Good movie, I got it on Netflix. :)
"It" was there trandoshan, I'm surprised you missed it. :D

I heard about it 3 years ago when Ewan was promoting AOTC on the Leno show...and I think it finally came out on DVD in the last year (?) so I finally got around to renting it. It's actually a pretty interesting little story they put together there.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
When I was flipping through the channels last night you'll never believe what movie was coming on SkineMax. Yup, Young Adam it was. I didn't watch it but I recorded it to the DVR just incase I ever feel like it.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
I watched "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" last night. It was an alright little movie.

I also watched "The Beastmaster" as well. I love me some Don Coscarelli. If there are any fans of him here, it looks like he is working on a prequel to Bubba Ho-Tep, called Bubba Nosferatu. Should be interesting! :thumbsup:

(sorry bout the dp)

Slicker

Jedi Commander
May 18, 2004
Planet Karpton
www.myspace.com
I've been on a chick flick tear for some reason.

A couple of days ago I watched Titanic (I hate the movie but Leo dies so that makes up for it. And the ending is SOOOOOOO predictable) and a couple of days before that I watched The Notebook. Nothing bad to say about that one. Just a good all around chick flick.

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
Caesar said:
I like The Notebook. It's cheesy but RMcA is the bomb. :grin:
I didn't mind the Notebook.... or looking at RMcA for that matter. Did you guys get all teary eyed at the end? I didn't, and my mom said that I "had no soul". Ouch. :hurt:

I watched Night Watch and The Matador yesterday and went and saw Superman Returns today. I really enjoyed all three films. :yes: :thumbsup:

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
Night Watch ? What one ? :) Not the Ewan McGregor movie, was it? :)

No I did not get teary eyed at the end of The Notebook, why would I? We should all be so lucky to die as old people with the ones we love...nothing to cry about, it should be celebrated. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
Caesar said:
No I did not get teary eyed at the end of The Notebook, why would I? We should all be so lucky to die as old people with the ones we love...nothing to cry about, it should be celebrated. :thumbsup:
Thanks for giving away the ending jerkface!!! :mad: Now I'll have to watch the movie just to see RMcA's jar jar's.

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
All I said was old people, that's pretty vague. lol

Better have your pause and zoom button at the ready, as her flash of beauty is BRIEF...I was disappointed because it was you in fact who told me that she showed the goods so I was excited for a peak only to be let down by the brevity of the aforementioned shot. :D

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
Caesar said:
Night Watch ? What one ? :) Not the Ewan McGregor movie, was it? :)
Nah, not that one, though I did see that yeeeeears ago. Can't say I remember much about it.

The one I watched was a Russian film that was just recently released in the US. Here is the plot synopsis for those of you that have never heard of it:

Among normal humans live the "Others" possessing various supernatural powers. They are divided up into the forces of light and the forces of the dark, who signed a truce several centuries ago to end a devastating battle. Ever since, the forces of light govern the day while the night belongs to their dark opponents. In modern day Moscow the dark Others actually roam the night as vampires while a "Night Watch" of light forces, among them Anton, the movie's protagonist, try to control them and limit their outrage.
It was a very interesting sci-fi/horror/action movie. The movie was based off the first installment of Sergei Lukianenko's novels (none of which I've read) about an epic struggle b/w good and evil. The sequel Day Watch has already been filmed and is released in Russia but a translated/dubbed and official version has yet to make it over here. When it does I'll definitely be watching because I'm very curious to see what happens. I guess I could read the novels... :rolleyes: :D

kool-aid killer

Jedi Apprentice
Dec 30, 2002
Omaha, Nebraska
Visit site
Last week i seen "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" for the first time. I bought the DVD about two weeks prior to that and found the time to pop it in. I liked it a lot. While it paid homage to several movies i thought it had its own unique thing about it. I wish i had gone to see it on the big screen when it first came out. I wouldnt mind hearing about a sequel for it either.