Where was the Oddest/worst place you found a SW toy?

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Website
Visit site
I'd like to see Chuck Woolery interview Richard Gere and a Gerbil after their date.

Lazer Brain

Jedi Initiate
Website
Visit site
i do alot of flea markets... the oddest was when my friend that i go with, he collects 8 tracks, bought a old 8 track case and it had an 2r and c3po in it, he bought the case for a buck, the r2 was very minty. the other score would be a droids c3po for $1.
later

vader121

Jedi Initiate
I can't recall any Star Wars toy finds in unusual places. However several years ago when I was just getting back into vintage Star Wars collecting I had this stupid idea to go to a junkyard and look under backseat cushions of cars for vintage weapons, etc. I actually did this once for about 20 mins and did find a MOTU Skeletor sword in perfect shape. Other than that all I found were pennies and food remnants.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I think there's an older thread about this topic, unless it's from the Old Forums (quite appropriate in this Vintage section if it was). I'll look... :merge:

[edit]Merging complete... but my statement was "I shall merge them... we can make beans, into peas! " And so I have.

Last edited:

vader121

Jedi Initiate
I have also found some nice scores at Flea Markets. Once got a very nice Yoda for 50 cents. It had the coat and belt.

Have picked up cases with figures for very decent prices too. Got first 3 of the original Star Wars comics for $5 last year. That was the last score I had at a flea market.

roberr22

Force Sensitive
I recently puchased some figures which included a few Stormtoopers. Upon closer examination, I discovered that one of the Troopers was actually a vintage Luke in Stromtroopers Disguise. He's not mint, but a cool find nonetheless!

roberr22

Force Sensitive
Yeah, I was pretty stoked! It was kinda like stumbling across hidden treasure :thumbsup:

dyntar

Force Sensitive
When i was in High school we went on an excursion to a sewerage treatment plant. The guide showed us a whole glass case full of toys and action figures that had been caught by the "solids" grate on the pipes. There was stormtroopers a vader, lukes, smurfs etc etc.. He offered us some of them.. but for some reason we didn't want to take him up on the offer :D

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X

Force Sensitive
12" darth maul on speeder

I found a stack of the old 12" wal-mart exclusive Darth Maul on Sith Speeder at a Big Lots about 3 weeks ago in Orlando Florida. They looked like someone had tied to the back of a car like cans at wedding and drove them to the store. They were $10.00 each and covered in dust. That means these items have been floating around the retail universe for a decade now.

I found a stack of the old 12" wal-mart exclusive Darth Maul on Sith Speeder at a Big Lots about 3 weeks ago in Orlando Florida. They looked like someone had tied to the back of a car like cans at wedding and drove them to the store. They were $10.00 each and covered in dust. That means these items have been floating around the retail universe for a decade now.
Guess I better go by Big Lots here again. I've been wanting one of those things for years.

Top Bottom