Which character from Jabba's Palace do you want to see made next?

SEE THE IMAGE BEFORE YOU VOTE!

• Rappertune: the musician

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Herme Odel: the Baraguin

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Bubo: the frog-dog

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Tanus Spijek: the Elom

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Sergeant Doallyn: the Geranian

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • BG-J38: the Roche B9 Worker Droid

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ak-Rev: the Weequay

• Yarna dal Gargan: the Askajian

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Woof: the Green-Nikto

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • JQuille: the Whiphid

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Umpass-Stay: the Klatooinian

• Shasa Teil: the Ishi-Tibb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
BEFORE YOU VOTE: click HERE and see all the Aliens' Pictures with their Names!!!

With the long awaited Ephont Mon in the next assortment of figures set to ship, it is time for this: the SSG Readers' Choice for the next Jabba's Palace Alien!

OK, there are more than 12 possibilities, but I tried to pick ones that would be very distinct and widely recognized.

I wish Hasbro would do at least 2 of these per year and we'd have them all before the interest in the movies wanes after Episode 3.

- and then possibly still more.

I'll also fit in my disclaimer for why all the various versions of skiff guard Weequays, Niktos, and Klatooinians are not shown in the poll. I decided to pick the Nikto that completes the Jabba's Palace figures that were released in the vintage days, and I also decided to go with the Weequay and the Klatooinian that complete the Max Rebo Band, as seen in the Special Edition.

-the tiny picture insert of Max on his keyboard indicates if a character in the poll is a band member - there were 12 total, including the back-up singers we got as a Jabba's Dancers Cinema Scene

If the figures of skiff guard races are popular or not popular, their actual members who ARE really skiff guards can appear in a later poll, when we could revisit Jabba's Aliens after we get some of these new creatures made for their first time.

But in any case, we'll get an idea of which choices the majority of you are interested in, and sort of how they rank.

Now choose which one you'd like to see the most, and vote!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deoxyribonucleic

Jedi Apprentice
Wow, that's a first...I'm the first one to vote :crazed:

I agree with Tycho, I sure wish they would make more of these guys a year, including other figs not made from the orginal trilogy instead of rehashing and rehashing and rehashing the same characters. I mean, they are making ANOTHER chewbacca already in the 2003 line?

My second and third picks would be Yarna dal Gargan and then Sergeant Doallyn

Rogue II

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 13, 2002
Land of 1,000 Elvis Impersonators
This is a tough decision.

I eliminated Ishi-Tibb right away. He is a stupid character.

Some of the other band members would be nice, but...they aren't all that necessary.

BG-J38 isn't all that important or visible.

Elom....eh, pass.

J'Quille, Hermie Odle, and Woof would be nice, but I can wait a bit longer for these.

That leaves
3. Bubo
2. Sgt. Doallyn
1. Yarna

While I voted for Yarna, I still really want Sgt. Doallyn and Bubo pretty bad.

AmanaMatt

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Neutral Zone
Visit site
For me, it is Hermie Odel and Bubo all the way. Bubo would be the size of a Massiff, so he could still be a great pack in, with articualtion in the legs, or mouth.

I'm a little suprised at the leader in this vote, but heck, if Hasbro were to make these as well as Epahnt Mon and Amananam, I say bring em all on at two a year!!!

Beast

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
The Danger Room
myworld.ebay.com
Bubo and Rappertunie would be pack-in figures with someone, so they really shouldn't be choices in the poll. They are to small to be on the card by themselves. Actually, isn't Bubo on the possible list this year as a pack in with a new Gamorrean Guard? :D

Gonna have to go with Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Rappertunie as a pack-in. That would complete the band, other then the 2 drummers. Second would be Hermi Odle, and then last would have to be Sergant Doallyn. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi-cpa

Jedi Initiate
Jan 4, 2002
Visit site
J'Quill or Herme odie

Ishii tib has already been done, as has the old klatuu. And forget the special edition characters until the old ones are done.

sicqnus

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 6, 2002
Paris - France
www.sicqnus.com
BG-J38: the Roche B9 Worker Droid

I've always wanted this cool looking yellow droïd to complete my Jabba's droïds collection.

All the musicians must be produced too.

187-Maul

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 5, 2002
Paris
Visit site
I voted for Hermi Odle cause he's just another big cool (and ugly) looking alien like ephant mon:D
2nd and 3rd would be Bubo and Sergeant Doallyn

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
If it wasn't for Yarna, I wouldn't have voted at all since there's no "none of the above" choice. I'm just not a fan of Palace aliens, they seem more like set decor than characters to me - much moreso than the bulk of ANH's cantina characters (though in the SW Chronicles, there are definitely cantina aliens I had never noticed before and wouldn't want action figures of).

Turbowars

Jedi Commander
Sep 8, 2001
Far Far Away
Visit site
Sorry for the post pad;), but I think we are getting BG-J38 Droid as a Star Tours figure, at least that's what I read here so don't vote for him!

Last edited by a moderator:

jedihunter25

Jedi Initiate
Jan 5, 2002
Tatooine/Las Vegas
Visit site
Great Poll!!! But again it won't let me vote. Out of these I'd like to see Rappertunie (Shawda Ubb- according to the visual dictionary)
, Hermi Odle, Ak-rev, Yarna, and Woof become figs. I tried voting for Yarna. It was a hard vote overall- with me it came down to Woof and Yarna because these are vintage Kenner figs. Yarna was a prototype and the detailing was great! (Star Wars Action Figure Archive- page134)

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Tanus is my first choice, followed by Hermi and Yarna.

They could always do him up like MOTU's Grizzlor. Because we all know that kids love fuzzy evil toys, right?
I voted for J'Quille the Whiphid as my first choice.

The fuzzy, evil figure thing got to me, plus J'Quille's big and SIZE DOES MATTER!

Meanwhile, to be honest, I'd really like to see ALL of these characters made. Yes, JediTricks, they ARE set decorations and I'd like to complete my construction of the Jabba's Palace set, and then decorate it with these figures.:D Many of us interested in these would.

I suppose if you collect other toy lines, it doesn't matter to you as much to have all the interesting back ground characters from the movies, such as the Cantina aliens in the SW chronicles, too. But if Star Wars is all you've got, let Hasbro run wild with these ideas and give them all to us.

The Ishi-Tibb figure that was made before was in the uniform of the Rebel Alliance, and not a thug from Jabba's. This chic-thug (yes it's a female Ishi-Tibb, like we could tell...:rolleyes: isn't easy to customize either, for the very simple reason that the Rebel Ishi-Tibb figure was always hard to find, and still is. It's not worth going on E-bay after if you want 15 of these guys for different scenes like Mos Espa, the Pod Race Arena, Jabba's Palace, the Pod Racer Hanger...(yes I can state 15 or more scenes...not that you care...)

Completing the Max Rebo Band, as well as completing all the aliens from Jabba's Palace, the Vintage collection, would be both cool, and feel right. The Woof figure, released in 1983 as "Klaatu" was never redone for the modern line. The skiffguard version, the real "Klaatu - but of the Green Nikto species" was in the modern 3 pack. There were two "Klaatu's" in the olden days. This one that we don't have, had the real-feel goat's fur wrap on him.

Sgt. Doallyn is cool, isn't he? Of all the more human-formed characters, the "tank-head" Doallyn has got to be the coolest!

The Elom is way under-rated. Perhaps not next to J'Quille for best furry alien, but still the Elom is cool!

Herme's a must-have. But he is similar to Ephont Mon in that he is another very large, robed, hooded, ugly-thing. Getting J'Quille first will offer an appearence of greater variety in the large size and then we'd better get to Herme. I love his blood-dripping mouth!

JARJARBINKS: As to Rappertunie and Bubo, they are proving to be quite popular on the poll in spite of being smaller figures. If Salacious Crumb wasn't already made, we'd be screaming for him. But look what we got: a static-posed Lizard-Monkey. You can't move Salacious and he's not articulated. With 2 sculpts he still needs a resculpt. How sad is that. At least the importance of Bubo and Rappertunie to some fans is demonstrated by this poll, and an articulated figure could be provided, versus what's only a prop. I mean, how do you pose Salacious if you want him to hang from (Vintage) Jabba's hooka? You can't. Our current little guy can't even sit down.

Contrast this with Kabe that came in the 2-pack with Muftak. That's the way to do Rappertunie or Bubo. Sure they'll get packed in. But they'll be worth it, this time!

In any case, Hasbro really can't go wrong making stuff from these choices. I hope they'll see this and at least go for the top 6 or so. Some of these guys are really close in this poll!

Darth Tornado

Force Sensitive
May 29, 2002
Visit site
I am suprised that woof the green Klattu is so low. He was one of the original Return of the Jedi vintage figs so thats why I voted for him. He was one of my favorite figures from Return of the Jedi and I really really want them to make him:crazed: