William Shakespeare's Star Wars

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Congrats, that's outstanding!

Have you ever moderated a panel before? Going to write out some panel questions to help keep it flowing?

Let's put this in the SSG news when you have all the details.
Would it make sense as "news" if it already happened? Once I get more time, I can send you what he said today (nothing earth-shattering but still some interesting details) to put in that section, if you want. I can also provide some photos. He is a cool dude!

[edit] Here are a few pictures (two not-so-good due to darkness and distance from the stage; I'm the one not in a green shirt not sport coat) of the panel and one of him by our outdoor Shakespeare statue.

Attachments

Last edited:

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Would it make sense as "news" if it already happened? Once I get more time, I can send you what he said today (nothing earth-shattering but still some interesting details) to put in that section, if you want. I can also provide some photos. He is a cool dude!

[edit] Here are a few pictures (two not-so-good due to darkness and distance from the stage; I'm the one not in a green shirt not sport coat) of the panel and one of him by our outdoor Shakespeare statue.
Gah! Thanks for posting, I spaced out getting in touch with you earlier, and then was searching and searching for the thread, couldn't remember which one it was.

As for newsworthiness after the fact, I think it'd still be interesting. Once you have the time, hit me up with what was said and a general sense of how the event went.

Cool pic, and then I see you guys but juuuuust barely. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Here are some (maybe) SPOILERS about...

book the seventh, The Force Doth Awaken, which hath been read by me. There are still the acrostics (mainly about Rey) and some writers' words (I spotted Dickens easily, may have missed some others) and works. I chuckled a couple times (the similarities between ANH and TFA, as discussed by two troopers; the words "bonds" in a certain scene on Starkiller Base will shake and stir you), and Chewbacca's footnotes were great. It was pretty good, but without knowing how the rest of the trilogy ends, it lacks some of the inside commentary and foreshadowing of the previous series.

Apr 28, 2013
Here are some (maybe) SPOILERS about...

book the seventh, The Force Doth Awaken, which hath been read by me. There are still the acrostics (mainly about Rey) and some writers' words (I spotted Dickens easily, may have missed some others) and works. I chuckled a couple times (the similarities between ANH and TFA, as discussed by two troopers; the words "bonds" in a certain scene on Starkiller Base will shake and stir you), and Chewbacca's footnotes were great. It was pretty good, but without knowing how the rest of the trilogy ends, it lacks some of the inside commentary and foreshadowing of the previous series.
Picked it up but haven't read it. Bought a copy for my niece for Christmas.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I thought that the title of the latest WS SW book could've been William Shakespeare’s Last Jedi Knight, instead of Jedi the Last. Still, this was much better than WS:TFDA, Part the 7th was. Spoilers below...
Porgs always say: Porg!

The 2 Troopers asking why Jedi didn't always use their "ghost" forms when fighting, or if Qui-Gon was only killed by Maul in spirit form.

The Master Codebreaker "Easter Egg" was easy to figure out, but still cool: James Bond film titles. Rey's super-acrostic was awesome; no way I would've figured it out without the Afterword explanation.

There were actually some humorous sketch drawings this time (mainly Rey's figure snapping).
Very good book. I wonder if they'd let him do the SW Story films (would be cool to read R1 or Solo, with new character styles to create), too.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Got the Last Jedi edition for Christmas. Again, haven't read it yet. I do enjoy these books.