Home Forums Re: The Next Star Trek movie.

• Anonymous

November 22, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    JediTricks, post: 2884933 wrote:
    Ok, you’re just crazy-talking. We know Kirk from the dialogue and details given in the material we already have, as well as the person he is in TOS, and nothing in this trailer or in the massive media descriptions of 1/6th of the movie has suggested that. Kirk wasn’t a punk, he was a respected, experienced Starfleet captain. Kirk didn’t “cheat” at the Kobyashi Maru test because it’s not a pass-fail test, it’s a test of character and he changed the scenario to make it possible to save the ship, which is telling of his character.

Did you also know that Darth Vader was not Luke Skywalker’s father from the dialog and details given all the way up until the end of Empire?

…it’s hilarious because I already know exactly what you’ll be saying about that one!lol

Quote:
    You don’t have to copycat what TOS did to be respectful and understanding of what it did, use its inner strengths rather than just its surface trappings. Trek is a little Horatio Hornblower and a little Shakespearean wrapped up in a hopeful science fiction setting.

MmHmm, and the Bible! You forgot to mention the Bible. Star Trek is totally deserving of being grouped in with all of our classic literature.
    …and by the way, Kirk most certainly did “cheat” on the Kobayashi Maru test. We got that from the dialog and details given as well. Or are we making up our own cannon now too?

As an aside here, in the spirit of solidarity and the overall general spirit permeating these forums, I would like to announce that I’m going officially on record in expressing my hatred for whichever studio tent pole film will be coming out on the first Friday in June of 2012! That thing totally sucks, and goes completely counter to whatever the original source material will be! What will that director be thinking (at some point in the future)?! I mean, seriously…WTF, people?! It totally disrespects all the time I (may or may not) have invested in whatever it’s going to be about when some punk director that I just don’t like personally pees in my cornflakes with some movie (that I have not yet seen.)

; });