Home Forums Re: Would You Buy A New N-1 Starfighter From TPM?

• Anonymous

April 19, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    Mr. JabbaJohnL, post: 3047239 wrote:
    I don’t remember it being in ROTS. Maybe it’s in the scene where Padmé leaves for Mustafar, but I don’t think so.

Ugh, now I may have to watch it again just to find out.

Quote:
    The Jedi changing their starfighters, I believe, likely had mainly to do with the fact that the AOTC ships couldn’t hold full droids and Lucas probably wanted Anakin to fly with R2-D2. The clones have more to do with visual recognizability on-screen – orange for Obi-Wan, blue for Anakin, red for Palpatine, and so on. The leaders need to be called-out visually for recognizability more than anything else – it’s why the lead sandtrooper has an orange pauldron, and it’s why Bacara looks different from the Galactic Marines. They had specialized troopers in the OT for different terrains, and there are far more diverse areas seen in ROTS than there are in the OT, so why shouldn’t there be multiple designs?

I believe the movie changed Jedi Starfighters to get more of a TIE Fighter look, part of that “hey, we’re really bridging the gap now!” thing that Lucas kept saying was going to be smooth in all the prequels yet wasn’t. :p

Not having 1 ship that carries through the prequels does lend an air of disassociation to the prequel galaxy’s lack of a rich history. Yes, the Vulture Droids show back up in ROTS, but they’re a different color and behave a bit differently. Lucas I think just changed things for change’s sake because he had so many toys to play with that he wanted to use more. There’s no attachment though, none of the vehicles feel important or stand for much, just as the characters and events themselves, sorta.

Anyway, if these were meant to be toys, I don’t think Lucas could have chosen worse then. Neither Jedi Starfighter works with figures very well, and neither works with astromechs almost at all (the Ep 3 has the removable plug, but not only does it remove too much real-estate, but the lower area doesn’t fit their legs).

; });